Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quatre

Just finished watching "The Lovely Bones". I find it to be a profoundly moving film filled with great performances; Tucci and Ronan in particular are very good. I'm a die hard fan of all things Peter Jackson and this film just serves to solidify that. He's a brilliant and innovative director with vision to spare. From his very early gorefest films to "Heavenly Creatures" and onward to the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy he has proved himself undeniably to be one of the very best directors working today.

He creates a palpable sense of dread in the early scenes involving Susie and Mr. Harvey. When it was all over I realized I was holding my breath! I mentioned Tucci and Ronan earlier as having given wonderful performances, but that's not to say the other principals don't also do a great job. I was very impressed by Mark Wahlberg, he gives his best performance since "The Departed" and the young girl who plays Lindsey, Susie's sister, is also very good :) All in all a great film, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment